Jump to the main content block
Department Introduction
Department Introduction Content
Title

History of the Medical Laboratory

Content

The Keelung Hospital of the Ministry of Health and Welfare (the laboratory) was founded in 1897. The hospital moved to its present location two years later and the Department of Medical Laboratory was established at the same time. Initially named the "Test Room", the laboratory was transformed into "experimental diagnostic department", and since has operated for over a century.
In response to the increasing number of inspection work and ever advancing technology in the medical field, the laboratory continued to expand the number of inspection projects and acquisition of new instruments. Due to increasing demand and administrative restructuring, the hospital was renamed to Keelung Hospital, under the Department of Health, Executive Yuan in July 1999. The Medical Laboratory was also transformed into a "inspection section" in January 2000. The hospital was renamed "Keelung Hospital of the Ministry of Health and Welfare" in July 2013, and the laboratory was changed to "Department of Medical Laboratory" in accordance with the provisions.
Our laboratory was certified on November 1, 2003 by ISO 15189 in the field of medicine of the National Certification Foundation of the Consortium Legal Corporation.

Go Back
Visitors
27449241
Update:2022-01-25
TELĄG02-24292525 FAXĄG02-24223250
AddressĄGNo. 268, Xin 2nd Rd., Xinyi Dist., Keelung City 201, Taiwan (R.O.C.) E-MailĄGdire01@kln.mohw.gov.tw
Manual RegistrationĄG02-24251215
Automated Voice Appointment RegistrationĄG02-24245119
Fax RegistrationĄG02-24214177
The content of this website is wholly owned by the Keelung Hospital of the Ministry of Health and Welfare. All content is forbidden to reprint, copy or use for commercial purposes (not limiting online search or hyperlinks to this site) This site is best viewed with IE10.0 or higher browser, with 1920ĄŃ948 resolution